Anyone here running AOLserver (or developing other threaded
apps.) under Linux 2.4?  Specifically, I'm using 2.4.17.

I've finally isolated something that has been sporadically
causing my box to kernel panic -- segfault in memcpy() from
within a thread.  Seems like the memcpy() scribbles some
memory, which causes the thread to die and the process, but
it seems to have escaped the footprint of the process into
the system itself, which shortly (10-15 seconds) causes the
box to kernel panic.

Anyone else seeing this?  This is on x86 Linux 2.4.17 ...

(Fortunately, this forced me to fix a bug in the nsvhr
module, which was the culprit that was causing the
segfaults ... but anything that can panic the box from
userland is really bad ...)

-- Dossy

--
Dossy Shiobara                       mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]