You can respond by visiting:
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=303152&aid=455813&group_id=3152

Category: aolserver3_3
Group: None

Initial Comment:
Added Ns_ConfigGetOctal to config.tcl (declared in
ns.h).
Ns_ConfigGetOctal retrieves an octal constant from the
config.tcl.

Used Ns_ConfigGetOctal to get a UNIX file mode
specification for the
server log and the access logs.

Modified nsd/log.c to examine new config.tcl parameter

 ns_section ns/parameters
 ns_param   serverlogmode             0664

nsd/log.c will open the server log and then change its
mode to
serverlogmode.  Serverlogmode defaults to 0644.

 ns_section ns/server/yourserver/module/nslog
 ns_param accessmode                  0664
 ns_param iplookups                   true

nslog/nslog.c will open the access log and then change
its mode to
accessmode.  Accessmode also defaults to 0644.

I find that opening logs to different modes is useful
for ISPs or
corporate installations of AOLserver, in which
different users, at
different times, may need to start/stop AOLserver,
and/or delete the
log files.

I also added a new parameter, iplookups that defaults
to off.  If set
to on, then the access log will perform Reverse DNS
Lookups for you.
The usual caveat applies, that this can slow down
overall AOLserver
performance.