You can respond by visiting:
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=303152&aid=527073&group_id=3152

Category: other
Group: None

Initial Comment:
The patch is off of aolserver 3.4.2 .

Add two params to ns/parameters:
    1) "rollhour", to roll the server logs daily;
    2) "rollfmt", to append a timestamp instead of .nnn suffix.

The options are patterned after the nslog module.  Unmodified configs
preserve the current behavior.

Affected files:
    doc/config.txt, nslog/nslog.html:
        Document the new params.  Fix the "logroll" description
        to match reality.  Also fixed the nslog docs to match what
        nslog/nslog.c actually does...

    nsd/nsd.h:
        New field, "char *rollfmt" in the nsconf.log substruct.
    nsd/nsconf.c:
        NsConfInit(): initialize nsconf.log.rollfmt .

    nsd/log.c:
        Ns_LogRoll(): append a timestamp to the file name
        if rollfmt given, else append a counter.
        LogRollDailyCallback(): new schedulable wrapper around
        Ns_LogRoll().
        NsLogOpen(): schedule LogRollDailyCallback() if rollhour given.

I checked that the roll occurs, whether by SIGHUP or by daily schedule,
that timestamps or counters are appended to the log names as configured,
and that the "maxbackup" parameters are honored.  I didn't include a
test case because it would have to run for days to check everything.