Hello.

I just installed AOLServer, and I quickly ran into a problem that I can't
figure out.  (I did search archives, but I couldn't find reference to this
problem.)

I created a user, "aolserver", and I perform the following command as root
to test:
# cd /usr/local/aolserver
# bin/nsd -f -u aolserver -g aolserver -t sample-config.tcl
(I have tried leaving port 8000 as default, and I have also tried with
port 8080.)

To test, with lynx on the local machine I'm able to go to
http://127.0.0.1:8000, and I see the default page.

Then remotely I go to http://www.mydomain.com:8000, and I get a connection
refused.  I also tried telneting there and was also refused.  My firewall
settings on the box allow traffic on port 8000 (and incidentally I also
tested on 8080, which I'm absolutely certain allows traffic since that's
what I normally run Tomcat on.)

I haven't even attempted to fully understand the config file yet, but it
is my expectation that I shouldn't have to modify the file to fix this
problem.

So to summarize, AOLServer allows local traffic to port 8000, but
specifically disallows remote traffic to port 8000.

I welcome any suggestions.

Michael