On 2002.05.04, Andrew Piskorski <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I haven't studied the tclvar.c much, but why would nsv locks have
> anything to do with threads at all?  The nsv data structures are
> server-wide, after all, so I don't THINK there's anything per-thread
> or per-interp about them at all.

When you go to update an nsv, you need exclusive access to the
nsv you're updating.  So, you need an exlusive lock that only
grants your interp in your thread to update it, preventing other
threads and other interps from doing so.  Makes sense to me ...
I could be wrong.

-- Dossy

--
Dossy Shiobara                       mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]