On Thu, May 30, 2002 at 03:58:27PM -0400, Scott Goodwin wrote:
> Can anyone identify where the latest copy of the ns_ora driver
> resides? Let's have it imported into the AOLserver SourceForge area
> and find someone to maintain it. Looks like Jeremy may be signing up
> for that daunting duty :)

I believe the latest Oracle driver is version 2.6, from c. June 11
2001.  At least, that's the version I have, and it came with the
AOLserver 3.3+ad13 from ArsDigita.  It's ora8.c has this CVS Id tag at
the top of the file:

/* $Id: ora8.c,v 1.59 2001/06/11 20:11:14 mayoff Exp $ */

The README in the Oracle driver's source distribution mentions at the
top that it's version 2.4, but there is a change log further down
listing changes for 2.5 and 2.6, and according to the version.h file
it's definitely 2.6.  Looks like all that stuff is currently still
available from aD:
  http://www.arsdigita.com/acs-repository/older?&type=other

As far as I know the OpenACS folks have not (yet?) modified the Oracle
driver at all.  You might want to ask them to be sure, but this
(relatively recent, I think) OpenACS 4 install doc says to still
download AOLserver 3.3+ad13 from aD:
  http://openacs.org/doc/openacs-4/aolserver.html

Another variant of all that stuff is mentioned in that same install
doc page:
  http://uptime.openacs.org/aolserver-openacs/

Todd Gillespie also hacked some form of ref cursor support into the
Oracle driver at one point:
  http://www.toddbrandlabs.com/code/

While your're at this sort of thing, OpenACS seems to also have an
"ns_xmlrpc" module that might be of interest:
  http://openacs.org/sdm/one-package.tcl?package_id=12

And, just what is the difference between the "postgres.c" and
"nspostgres.c" drivers?  They're both available on SourceForge, in
different places.  postgres.c is what OpenACS uses, and looks much
more recent.  Was it forked off from nspostgres.c at some point?

  http://cvs.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/acs-pg/driver-2.3/
  http://cvs.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/aolserver/nspostgres/

--
Andrew Piskorski <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>