This problem is occurring in ns_getform, so the relevant code is:

            set fp ""
            while {$fp == ""} {
                set tmpfile [ns_tmpnam]
                set fp [ns_openexcl $tmpfile]
            }
            ns_conncptofp $fp

The disk is not full and this problem is very sporadic so I'm pretty
confident that the directory is accessible.

I looked at ns_openexcl, and it throws an error if the file already
exists, so I don't think that's it either.

Plus I still don't understand what:

Error writing content: Success
     while executing
"ns_conncptofp $fp"

means...  Both errors have been sporadic enough - once or twice every
day or two - that we have just ignored them until it gets worse...

Jim