On Tue, Sep 24, 2002 at 04:57:08PM -0400, Nathan Folkman wrote:

> - Starting with AOLserver 3.5, we're moving to provide documentation as
> man
> pages, similiar to what you get when you download and install Tcl.

How are the man pages being written? In straight roff?

If they were written in Docbook, they could more easily be converted to a
number of other formats (HTML, man, PS, PDF).

If not, there's man2html, but a docbook solution would be better long-term:

roberto@brasileiro:~$ apt-cache show man2html
Package: man2html
Section: doc
Installed-Size: 126
Maintainer: Nicolás Lichtmaier <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Architecture: i386
Version: 1.5-23.2
Depends: libc6 (>= 2.2.4-2), debianutils (>= 1.6)
Recommends: httpd
Suggests: manpages, manpages-dev
Filename: pool/main/m/man2html/man2html_1.5-23.2_i386.deb
Size: 54678
MD5sum: 3cadcfe5967266bbdfa07afa052cdc62
 Point your webbrowser at http://your.site/cgi-bin/man2html and you got
 your manpages in the browser.
 .
 Features:
  * Fast C CGI program for man/BSD-mandoc to HTML conversion.
  * Works from the unformatted nroff/troff source.
  * Source may be compressed.
  * Does tbl tables (but not eqn equations).
  * Generates hypertext links to foobar(1), abc@host, and xyzzy.h files
  * CGI script for whatis-based alpha-indexes by section.
  * CGI script for name-only alpha-indexes by section.
  * CGI script for full text search (requires glimpse)
  * Front-end script to talk to a pre-launched netscape.

-Roberto

--
+----|        Roberto Mello   -    http://www.brasileiro.net/  |------+
+       Computer Science Graduate Student, Utah State University      +