At 09:25 AM 10/13/2002, you wrote:
>On Sun, 13 Oct 2002, Patrick Spence wrote:
>
> > Yes, I have a restriction based on IP, and taking it out removes the
> > problem.  I am starting to think that maybe something that got updated with
> > up2date hosed something here...
>
>The only thing up2date would have done is to replace the resolver
>libraries, but that's generally supposed to work. Do you build AOLserver
>yourself?  If not, try doing your own build and see if the problem
>persists or is cured. (You may want to try 3.5, too).

Yes I do build it myself, and I even rebuilt it during all this just in
case one of the .so files got corrupted.

>I've not used the hosts.allow nor hosts.deny, so I've not exercised this
>bit of code on my systems.  If I get a chance, I'll give it a try, but I
>don't know that I'll replicate your problem because my Linux machines have
>diverged somewhat from a stock distro.

Mine have occaisiona forays into non-stock, but I keep getting yelled at by
Daniel when I do so.. :)

other AOLserver instances and not all of them exhibit the problem.  That's
>just goofy.

At least I have a reason for just nsadmin crashing it... that was starting
to bother me :)

Patrick Spence <ariven AT ariven DOT com>
www.RandomRamblings.com
www.Ariven.com