I know there were problems with threads/Java/Linux at one point (not
sure if it was fixed). I think that's why there came about this "green"
threads and "native" threads variants. Not sure if the same limitation
is on FreeBSD. I *think* the problem was that it actually wouldn't
distribute the threads across multiple CPUs, or something like that....I
just faintly remember...

    --brett

--
Brett Schwarz