I've been tinkering around with AOLServer and decided to run some
benchmarks on it. I've been using 'ab' to do this. I'm using 100BaseT
LAN (hub, not switch) between my powerbook and imac. The imac is the
server (700MHz G4, 768MB).

When I am benchmarking it some strange things happen when I use 20, 70,
and 100 concurrent connections. I'm not 100% if it's ab, or aolserver,
but one of the two just kind of .. stops for a short while. I've tried
it with different settings for the # of active threads (MinThreads is
set to MaxThreads so they're all active at startup) and it always seems
to happen. The lights on the hub stop blinking and the iMac's disk
stops churning. At every other concurrency level I've tried (multiples
of 10 between 10 & 100) it works fine except for the three concurrency
levels listed before. I've taken a look at nstelemetry.adp while it's
in the "stopped" state and I can't really make out anything
distinctive, but I don't really know how to read that page well anyways.

This occurs with both 3.3.1+ad13 and 3.5.0. I'm running Mac OS X 10.2.1.

Anyone know what could possibly be happening? Anyone have some tips of
making sense of the data nstelemetry.adp provides?

Thanks,
Gabriel