De : AOLserver Discussion [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]De la part
de Doug Harris
Envoyé : vendredi 22 novembre 2002 00:41
À : [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Objet : Re: [AOLSERVER] AOLServer Oracle Driver

> So I have two points to validate :
> 1/ If I have Oracle 9i as DB, and the AOLServer/Oracle driver is compiled
> using 8i and is using 8i client libs to connect, is it ok ?

Yes. We've been doing this for about a week and we've had no trouble
so far.

> 2/ can the Oracle driver be compiled with the 9i client library and is it
> working fine under linux ? (we plan to use Debian).

I've done this under Solaris and it works fine also.

We ran into more problems with undocumented changes in Oracle than we
have had with the Oracle driver. If you're using ACS 4, you'll need to
modify some PL/SQL packages. Write back if you want more info or
search the forums over at OpenACS.org for "Oracle 9i".

Doug Harris