On 2002.11.18, Steve Manning <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I'd be interested to understand how your running Wikit on AOLServer.
> Just last Friday I installed it on our intranet but its running as cgi
> with tclkit and a shell script launcher.

I'm doing something very similar, running it as a CGI with a shell
script launcher but using a registered proc to kick it off.

> Interestingly, I couldn't find a native AOLServer Wiki implementation. I
> might try and put one together if I get a spare moment. Any thoughts on
> that would be welcome.

A native one isn't worth it.  If you really want a native one, just take
the Tcl out of the Starkit for WiKit and run it under AOLserver
directly.  But, the overhead of TclKit and the Starkit isn't that much.

Plus, with the newer Starkit of WiKit, you can have it write static
pages to a directory and serve them as static files -- much better
performance anyway.  The static files get updated when people make
changes to the pages.

It's the way to go, IMHO, if performance is a concern.  A native
AOLserver wiki isn't worth reinventing the wheel for when WiKit is so
powerful and has already addressed the performance issue the right way,
with static files.

-- Dossy

--
Dossy Shiobara                       mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]