Nathan Folkman wrote:

That said, I'd recommend sticking with a single default
sample-config.tcl for now. Is there anyone who would be interested in
signing up to work on better documentation of the various
configuration options? This work will need to be done for both the
3.5.x and 4.0 versions since there are some pretty significant
differences in 4.0 (virtual servers, configurable thread pools, etc.)
Let me know!
I would like to work on this,  I have already collected the config
parameters for the ftp module, but I don't know the effect of all of
them. If anyone has other module config parameter settings, I would like
to start with a single file that lists them all, then others can look
and see if anything is missing. The job of creating a different file
arrangement should at least be left until we have a complete list.
Maybe the old 2.3.3 docs have info on older modules as well.

--Tom Jackson