I decided to use a very old netscape mail account to send an anonymous
anthrax warning (kidding).  This is now run by aol.  Anyway, I did
appropriate things, found the account, logged in, and visited the
options/preferences and changed the "alternative email" address from an
address at an ISP that hasn't existed for about three years to a new and
improved (with enzymes!) address.

I was very surprised to find a new message, A CONFIRMATION MESSAGE, in
that alternative email address's mailbox.  I've attached it below.

Jeez!  Just what is this confirming?

Jerry

P.S.  On an unrelated note, does anyone have Steve Case's email address?
 I um, would like to find it before he loses fiduciary powers.

Screen Name Service wrote:

Dear jerryasher,

[EMAIL PROTECTED] to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

In the reply, type 'OK'.

Please send your confirmation within 72 hours.

The e-mail address change will be made for the following screen name:

   jerryasher