On Tue, 28 Jan 2003, Bernd Eidenschink wrote:

> with all that great ways of caching data - nscache, nsv... - in AOLserver and
> a strategy of caching as much data as possible, at what point would you say
> the size of the processes becomes a "problem" for the application running
> AOLserver? I don't think of physical RAM and swap, I think of AOLserver and
> starting new threads, using ns_eval to propagate changes from APIs to all
> other processes, responding to requests and similar things.
>
> What are sizes you usually see on your systems?

At Zjednoczenie.com we use caching a lot. On rather simple site we have
100MB nsd. On the bigger one I remember 700MB some time ago. Once it even
grow up to 2 GB (due to some bug in cache seeding code) but was quite
responsive (before hitting disk swap). I'll try to post some top
output from this site tomorrow.

--tkosiak