Zoran Vasiljevic wrote:
On Saturday 15 March 2003 16:12, Don Baccus wrote:

So ... my questions are simple.  Who maintains ns_cache these days?  Who
has commit rights to CVS?  How do I get these modifications accepted?
Should the maintainer (Rob?) review my changes?

Don,

Since I'm about to move about a dozen packages to 4.0
(we'll am just in the middle of it), I can take a look
on your ns_cache changes as well.
Just send me a tarball with your changed ns_cache version.

I must also second Jim; we should really have a
process-wide *in addition* to the per-vserver cache.

I'm sure that would be nice, and if anyone has time to do it, they're more than welcome to do so.

I don't, however, at the moment.

My goal here was to simply maintain the existing semantics for site code
written to run in the single server enivronment that's now being run in
the multiple virtual server environment.  In other words, existing site
code shouldn't break, and code which uses the current nscache will break
when multiple virtual servers are run.  I did what I need for the
OpenACS project and I have time for, unfortunately.

I don't think the fact that the functionality's not been enhanced should
cause us to hold back adopting my changes (assuming they pass
inspection, etc) - existing code won't miss enhancements it doesn't know
about.

And I might find time later - in a couple of months - to add a true
global cache if no one else gets around to it.

--
Don Baccus
Portland, OR

I. To remove yourself from this list:

Send a message to "[EMAIL PROTECTED]"  with the following text in
the BODY of your message:

signoff aolserver

II. For a complete list of listserv options please visit:

http://listserv.aol.com/

III. For more AOLserver information please visit:

http://www.aolserver.com/