We are using AOLserver (3.4.2 with a ported version of the ACS encoding
patches) in our production environment, and have reached the point where we
would like to profile our Tcl code to find procs that could be optimized or
rewritten.  We're particularly interested in a report that looks something
like this:

Procedure                       Calls           Real Time       CPU Time
some_proc                       2               88982           6904
another_proc            2               39392           3202
yet_another_proc                2               50329           2032

We've identified nsprofile (http://acs-misc.sourceforge.net/nsprofile.html)
as a module which would provide this functionality, but I'm a little worried
by the documentation, which lists as a pending task: "limiting the number of
profile data kept. Right now it's unlimited so eventually we'll eat all the
memory available".

We also have some pages that seem to have excessively large memory usage in
production, so we are also interested in monitoring and/or logging the
amount of memory used by each http request and/or proc execution.  However,
we haven't found any tools to do so.

Does anyone have experience using nsprofile in a production environment?
Are there other tools (or other ways of solving the same problem) that we
should consider?

Thanks in advance,

Eric Larkin
Chief Technology Officer
Arena Solutions, Inc.  (formerly bom.com)
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

To Remove yourself from this list: http://www.aolserver.com/listserv.html