Lamar Owen wrote:

RH8.0 is not binary compatible with previous Red Hat distributions.  You might
want to recompile AOLserver -- 3.4 will compile fine on RH8.

The main issue I had was I am using nsssl.so module, which I didn't have
the source for. I thought it might not work on an upgrade from 3.4.2 to
3.5.6. But I gave it a try and upgraded. nsssl.so seemed to load, still
need to check it.

But once I upgraded, it still segfaulted. Then I remembered the
stacksize issue on RH8. My old config file didn't even have a line for
that, so I added it, and the segfault went away. The segfaults seem to
show up on network related procs. ns_geturl, ns_sockopen so far caused
the problem.

So I guess two things to remember is:
1. You can't change the library directory for postgres once you install
the plpgsql language, without also changing pg_proc.procsrc value
accordingly.
2. Stacksize needs to be set to something above the default on RH8, even
for AOLserver 3.4.2.

--Tom Jackson