Nathan Folkman writes:
> This should work with AOLserver 4.0 assuming the Expect package is
> thread-safe.

Coincidentally, I recently tried this (and even loaded/used Expect in
a separate thread).   Aolserver crashed hard.  I seem to recall that I
tried several different things, including the latest versions of both
Expect and Aolserver, but no luck.

I recall searching around for any info on Expect thread safety, and
someone (Don Libes?) said that they had gotten it (ie, a thread-safe
implementation Expect) close, but never completed the work.

In the end, I aborted and implemented what I needed (a port of legacy
non-Aolserver code originally implemented using Expect) in Aolserver
in a completely different way -- ie, rewrite.

-Lane

Lane Wimberley             8303 N. MoPac, Suite A-300  Austin, TX 78759
Wayport, Inc.                512.519.6195 (voice)    512.519.6200 (fax)

- The majority of men...are not capable of thinking, but only of believing, and...are
not accessible to reason, but only to authority.
     Arthur Schopenhauer:
     Supplements to the World as Will and Idea.