> The problems I have with HTTP-Auth are actually forcing me to go in the
> direction of Session mananged Authentication for a number of reasons --
> but those are particular issues that my clients deal with.

The session managed authentication that comes with OpenACS is pretty nice
(and obviously tried and tested with lots of users).
I've got a version of it that has been de-bundled from the rest of OpenACS
working with AOLserver.
I've been meaning to tidy it up and make it available for some time.

If you are interested let me know - it might actually motivate me to do
this! ;-)

Cheers,

Tim