On Sunday 02 November 2003 12:33, you wrote:
> On Sun, 2 Nov 2003, Zoran Vasiljevic wrote:
> > On Sunday 02 November 2003 00:25, you wrote:
> > > Why not?  What's wrong with a pre-auth filter that uses [ns_conn
> > > authuser], [ns_conn authpasswd] and [ns_returnunauthorized]?
> >
> > There is nothing wrong with that, except the fact that values returned by
> > "ns_conn authpasswd" and "ns_conn authuser" are parsed out of the
> > http header for basic authorization only. Therefore, such are not usable
> > for any other kind of authentication method.
>
> You can always parse [ns_set get [ns_conn headers] Authorization]
> yourself in Tcl...

That's what I already told... One must do these things by hand in Tcl.
But this point shows a *limitation* in the current AS design.
Much better would be to be able to register callbacks (C or Tcl) at some
points in the request processing which would do the right thing.
Then, other high-level stuff like "ns_conn authuser" would already return
"correct" values.

Zoran