On 2003.11.17, Jim Davidson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Glad somebody noticed the new code :)  The changes to kick of 4.1 were in two
> areas:
>
> 1. Adding an I/O event callback interface for connections before they
> are queued for processing (called "pre-queue").  The interface is a
> bit tricky to use and there's no documentation or example module
> (yet).  The general idea is to enable efficient pre-fetch of remote
> resources prior to running the connection, keeping the connection
> threads from stalling on I/O.  For the ordinary nssock module, there
> should be no impact.  For the SSL module, reads are now handled by
> special reader threads, not the connection threads.  This may require
> moving some state from thread to connection and/or socket local
> storage.

Does this mean that it'll be easy to add non-HTTP request processors
into 4.1?  Basically, now we can again define I/O handlers that can
understand non-HTTP connections, right?

> 2. Adding a new interp tracing API to allows us to further cleanup and
> simplify the overly complex and clunky Tcl initialization process.
> Again, just the C API here -- no example module yet.

Jim, when are you going to implement Tcl_CloneInterp()?  :-)

> These changes are in some core areas so the code is marked as an
> "alpha" version right now -- beware! :)

I assume the code at least builds and runs still, right?  :-P

Guess it's time to do a 'cvs up' ...

-- Dossy

--
Dossy Shiobara                       mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]