On Fri, Aug 13, 2004 at 10:12:20AM -0400, Vlad Seryakov wrote:
> I think everyone would benefit if AOLserver includes some kind
> templating solution without installing whole OpenACS system.

It should be feasible to refactor the OpenACS Templating System to
work equally well both with and without the rest of OpenACS, as AFAIK,
no part of the Templating System depends on the OpenACS data model in
any way.  The work is non-trivial though, as it probably also means at
least some amount of refactoring the OpenACS request processor, etc.

Some people have already expressed some in that sort of refactoring
for the acs-tcl package in the thread below, so extending that to
acs-templating as well might be a natural next step:

  http://openacs.org/forums/message-view?message_id=195578

--
Andrew Piskorski <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
http://www.piskorski.com/