Just stating that AOL runs its entire operation using 30 servers
running AOLServer is the kind of information that IMO would impress
new potential AS users enough to try it.  It instantly changes AS from
an experimental, weird, "I never heard of it" web server, to something
with clout.  I'd think it'd be much easier to convince your boss to
give AS technology a shot with some hard, factual information about
AOL's use of the server to run its operation, for example, how many
hits per day/server, images per day/server, max hits in a 1-minute
period, typical system configs to achieve these, typical system loads,
etc.

As a business owner myself, I definitely understand the flip side of
this: maybe AOL doesn't want its competitors to know how it leverages
technology to its advantage.  That's a very reasonable position also.

Jim