On 28 Jun 2005, at 19:47, Andrew Piskorski wrote:
If you're already using an RDBMS anyway, why would you want to store
session info in files rather than the RDBMS?  And if you don't have an
I am pretty conservative when it comes to session; I have seen quite
some abuse of them, creating hundreds of KB or MB session. Heck, I
have seen a place where someone puts a JDBC connection in the session
because the guy couldn't be bothered with a connection pool!

So all I am looking for is a place to store some strings, and make it
fast, so in memory. Basicaly, it will be a cache for my user
(preferences) table so I have what I need to do some personalisation.
I don't like storing any state in the session; it gets lost in
bookmarks and times out.

Cheers,
Bas.