On Monday 18 July 2005 17:53, Janine Sisk wrote:

> Wouldn't it make sense for the scheduler to stop starting up new proc
> runs once it knows the server is shutting down?  It's not like these
> are long running things;  they are starting up very frequently because
> they only run for a few seconds and then finish.  So it wouldn't be a
> big issue if the ones that were running when the server was shut down
> were allowed to finish;  the problem is that the scheduler is keeping
> on going, running more of them, seemingly forever.

Janine,
My suggestion is to never use the -t option. Just use -k. If you have a
scheduled proc that really needs to finish no matter what, you probably need
to have some kind of progress indicator. I had proposed similar changes to my
cron module for OACS, but never completed the work. But if the job is
important, I woundn't rely on AOLserver alone to handle it, because even if
the job wasn't running at the time you did the restart, it might have been
scheduled at a time during the restart.