On Tue, Nov 22, 2005 at 10:46:02AM -0800, Alastair Young wrote:
> >From what I can gather from the discussion lists and documentation,
> there once was a module called nsvhr for AOLS3 which proxied traffic

It's still there:

  http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/aolserver/nsvhr/

I don't know whether nsvhr works with AOLserver 4.x or not, but you
probably don't want to use it anyway - use Pound instead:

  http://www.apsis.ch/pound/
  http://jamesthornton.com/writing/openacs-pound.html

If for some reason you don't want to just use that, here are links to
lots of ancient discussions of various alternatives:

  http://openacs.org/forums/message-view?message_id=144194
  http://borkware.com/rants/aolserver-vhosting/
  http://openacs.org/forums/message-view?message_id=31400
  http://openacs.org/forums/message-view?message_id=30154