On Jan 12, 2006, at 11:34 AM, Jeff Rogers wrote:

I found a bug in aolserver 4.0.10 (and previous 4.x versions, not sure about earlier) that causes the server to lock up. I'm fairly certain I understand the cause, and my fix appears to work although I'm not sure it is the best
approach.

FWIW, we see this happening on all our busy sites. Whether the cause is the same I don't know, but the symptoms are identical. We do nightly restarts, which helps reduce the incidence, but it is still not uncommon to have sites get restarted because they were non- responsive and yet the system load was nearly 0.

janine