I used to (3.3.1+ad13) be able to call ns_adp_parse -file and have the
content of a registered tag passed to the relevant proc verbatim from
where I could re-parse it, eg:

 <mytag> ... <%=some Tcl %> ... </mytag>

could be processed like:

  proc mytag { string tagset } {
    return "...[ns_adp_parse $string]..."
  }

But in 4.0.10 the registered proc is not called at all because the
embedded Tcl is parsed first and the before- and after- chunks are
then parsed separately (neither of which call the registered proc). So
the above evaluates to something like:

 <mytag> ... (result of Tcl) ... </mytag>

The reason I'm trying to do this is because our help system is based
around a registered adp tag "help", which wraps the tag body inside a
template, where each .adp page looks something like:

<help title="How to order">
...HTML
...<%= [call_some_proc] %>
</help>

This works in 3.3.1+ad13 (in the sense that the registered proc is
called and is able to parse the tag body), but in 4.0.10 the proc is
not called at all.

I guess I can work around it by not having the whole page body inside
the tag, but that means putting more boilerplate in each .adp.

Is there a more 4.0.10 friendly way I should be doing this?

Cheers, Steve Woodcock