On 2007.01.12, Gustaf Neumann <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Is it intentional that  ns_adp_ctl is not
> mentioned on http://panoptic.com/wiki/aolserver/Tcl_API ?

Not at all--would you mind starting the page?

> One gets no friendly feedback,
> "no adp output context"
> when one tries to ns_adp_parse a file larger than 1024000 bytes.
> It took me a while to find the reason.
>
> the 4.5 function "ns_adp_ctl bufsize" can be easily
> increased for such cases (default 1024000).

The documentation for ns_adp_ctl is in manpage form, distributed with
the AOLserver 4.5 source in doc/ns_adp_ctl.n.

Although, looking at the documentation, it's not clear that "ns_adp_ctl
bufsize" would limit the size of what's being ns_adp_parse'd.  Of
course, if what you're parsing exceeds the bufsize, it'll trigger a
buffer flush--which, if you have no ADP output context, will trigger
that error.

We need to rationalize some kind of "mock" ADP output sink that can be
used outside of a connection request context so all the various
"ns_adp_*" commands can be used--say, in scheduled procs, etc.  Someone
on the IRC chat is asking for something like this.

-- Dossy

--
Dossy Shiobara              | [EMAIL PROTECTED] | http://dossy.org/