On 2007.09.14, Shedi Shedi <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I check the docs and previous posts regarding maxconns, that it is the
> number of connections that will be served by a single thread before
> it dies.

Yes, I was incorrect about this.  Thanks for the correction.

> also the queued value always increases, when a new request arrives the
> queue value is incremented. But it never goes downwards.

Based on a quick scan of the source, this appears to be correct: the
queued counter is only incremented.

> Does this mean the queue contains that many number of request or the
> number of request which have been served?

It appears to count the number of requests queued to the pool.

> Both current and idle, when server is started their value is set from config
> file. e.g. if i set min to 100 then the current and ilde has 100. But at
> that point there's no request why does current returns 100?

current indicates the current number of threads in the pool.  Current
should never drop below min and never exceed max.  If current == idle,
then all threads are idle.  If idle == 0, then all current threads are
busy servicing a request.

> Note: I have a proc that handles the incoming message and as soon as the
> message is received, client is sent a success code followed by socket
> closure. Next the proc performs the rest of the work and return.

How are you closing the socket?

Until the thread is returned to the pool, it's considered "active" even
if there's no client connected on the other end.  Until the thread's
processing is complete, it isn't returned back to the pool, and
therefore cannot handle another request.

-- Dossy

--
Dossy Shiobara              | [EMAIL PROTECTED] | http://dossy.org/