Hi!

I don't know if you are working in x86_86 server, so perhaps this thread helps you: http://openacs.org/forums/message-view?message_id=309814

Apparently they say that it works if you:

-    connPtr = (Conn *) conn = itPtr->conn; (this line out)
+    connPtr = conn = (Conn *) itPtr->conn; (this line in)

I hope it helps

Cesareo

iuri de araujo sampaio escribió:
Hi all,

I get an error when i run make in attempt to install aolserver4.0 r10
The error is:

conn.c: In function ‘NsTclConnObjCmd’:
conn.c:843: error: invalid lvalue in assignment
make[1]: *** [conn.o] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/src/aolserver4/aolserver/nsd'
make: *** [all] Error 1

Then i debugged the file /aolserver/nsd/conn.c and at the respective
line 843 i had the assignment
connPtr = (Conn *) conn = itPtr->conn;

I feel "... = Conn *conn = ..." is unnecessary, since connPtr is
declared above in the code as
(lin. 801) Conn         *connPtr;

Plus, this attribution in my view is sort of weird, at least. so i
changed the line to:
connPtr = itPtr->conn;

and WOW!!! it worked!! AOLServer compiled with no errors.

Now i need help from you guys...
i don't know how aolserver is coded neither how its functions work
together.
i have no idea if changing the assignment as i did would affect
something else. what would you guys can tell about it?

regards,
iuri sampaio

Ns_ConnHost(Ns_Conn *conn)
{