Thanks for the tip about ns_conn headers, which gets me over the immediate problem.

My proc is now able to detect a host and ns_returnredirect successfully.

However if the test for that host fails the proc now returns nothing, i.e. a page of 0 bytes. What I want it do is just return the page requested, i.e. just treat the request in the normal way.

If I ns_returnredirect to the original location it gets into a loop (four requests in access.log) and the browser says: "Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never complete."

What is the correct way to handle this? Does the proc need to return the entire original page? Would that be [ns_conn content] or is there more to it than that? The result should be transparent, as though there were no registered proc involved.

Again, I wonder whether my approach to the initial problem is right.

I'm using AOLserver 4.0.10

Eric