You are probably loading the wrong tcl library. Even if you compiled it
on your own, you need to insure the right one loads on startup.

You might need to set LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/path/to/tcl in your environment
before you start AOLserver.

Otherwise, you will get random crashes. You never know exactly were they
will show up.

(and strace should show which tcl is loaded).

tom jackson