At the 2008 Tcl conference, Olly Stephens talked about the work he has done revising/revamping mod_tcl. At the time, he was waiting on permission from his company to release the code---he expected to be able to do so in a few weeks.

I haven't had time to follow up on this, but I would think that something like this would be needed in order to port the AOLserver API to an Apache environment (w/out having to resort to proxying).

Matt