Hi,

I've been looking into building some thread intensive applications on
top of aolserver (both on 4.0.10 and 4.5.1) and from experience, it
seems that this maybe one of the easier points to get wrong and crash
aolserver.  I've wanted looked for documentation before but there does
not seem to be any clear answers so I'm hoping someone can let me know
of a couple of things.

1.  Is it advisable for aolserver to run a detached ns thread that is
supposed to run for the duration of the server?  I was wondering about
memory consumption and whether it's better to let the thread perform
the task and die after which the server spawns another thread for a
separate execution.

2.  I read that in Windows, thread destruction can cause instability
and possible memory leaks.  Does this extend to other OS platforms?

3.  I understand the general idea behind spawning threads with
aolserver, but ideally, I'd like to avoid the taboos on them, so any
idea about this is well-appreciated.

Thanks for reading this and hope to hear back.

Regards.