I think this could work, i.e., dummy up a "runt" or "truncated" connection to
exercise the rest of the code.   But, it's possible something would go
uninitialized or assume goodness, i.e., just run off the end of the truncated
content.  Hmm...

I think today, in 2011, some of the flexibility we imagined back in 1995 isn't
really so needed.  This includes general purpose logging plugins and network
drivers when there really is just the common log format, ordinary and SSL
sockets.  More in the core for the base HTTP processing could make things
easier to maintain.

-Jim