>Number:         1874
>Category:       mod_alias
>Synopsis:       destination .htaccess not read when following ALIAS
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
Apache is not reading .htaccess files in the destination directories
of an alias.

eg.
conf file includes:
ALIAS /CNDAT/ /project/noise/cndat/

Subdirectories of /project/noise/cndat/ have .htaccess files, but Apache
does not parse them.

If I make a symbolic link from my document root directory to
/project/noise/cndat/
and name it /CNDAT/ then Apache parses the .htaccess files.

I can't find anything in the documentation which says that ALIASes are
supposed to turn off the .htaccess parsing in the subdirectories.
>How-To-Repeat:
Sorry, you'll have to try it for yourself. My site is behind a firewall.
>Fix:

>Audit-Trail:
>Unformatted:
[you need to include <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> in the Cc line ]