>Number:         2049
>Category:       os-linux
>Synopsis:       SIGSEGV attempting to dump core when serving pages
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
I've read all the faqs, searched dejanews, and search apache bug list

this should be staightforward, I have triple checked all the config files but
whenever
httpd tries to serve a page . . .
netscape say "Document contain no data"
lynx say "unexpected network read error: connection aborted"
error_log say "httpd: caught SIGSEGV, attempting to dump core in
/usr/local/apache"

if I telnet to "locahost 80" and "GET http:/localhost/ HTTP/1.0"
httpd say "403 error, don't have permission"

in httpd.conf
user = nobody
group = users

permissions in /usr/local/apache/htdocs are 666, user=root,group=users

I have installed new versions of linuxthreads, glibc, libc
Apache was compiled with -lcrypt flag set

I don't know for sure if this is a software bug, but I have never had trouble
like this before using apache.  There is no core dump to send.

Please help or tell me what I may have done wrong
>How-To-Repeat:
I've using vanilla RedHat5.0.  There are new glib,libc, and linuxthreads
installed
>Fix:
Maybe these libraries are messing something up.  I had trouble running some
other applications
until I upgrade libc,glibc.  Now I'm wondering if these are affecting apache.
Could someone
tell me if the newest versions work ok with apache
>Audit-Trail:
>Unformatted:
[you need to include <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> in the Cc line ]