The following reply was made to PR os-solaris/1190; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Eugene Crosser <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: Dean Gaudet <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: os-solaris/1190: server processes in keepalive state do not die
after keepalive-timeout
Date: Thu, 18 Jun 1998 21:18:14 +0400 (MSD)

 > - Try editing src/include/httpd.h, search for OPTIMIZE_TIMEOUTS, and
 > comment out that line, so that it is not defined.  Then recompile and see
 > if that helps any.

 I did this: no change.

 Now, I did a bit more investigation.  First, sometimes the processes that
 stayed in "Keepalive" status several minutes (i.e. much longer than the
 KeepaliveTimeout) still finishes.  I assume this may happen when the other
 end explicitely closes TCP connection.  Next, if I choose a process that
 is staying "keepalive" for a long time and send it "kill -ALRM" it does
 not notice it and stays in the same status.  If I send it "kill -PIPE" it
 gracefully resets and is ready to serve next requests.

 That's all for now.  Please tell me what else I can do to help chasing
 the problem.

 Eugene