The following reply was made to PR apache-api/2467; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: "Pierpaolo Fumagalli" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: apache-api/2467: Windows/Linux startup/shutdown different behaviour
Date: Thu, 18 Jun 1998 23:11:46 +0200

 I found a "working" solution that probably could help in better resolving
 the problem...
 the pconf pool is never cleaned in the shutdown process, neither in "main"
 process, nor in "child" processes.
 I solved the problem adding these two lines:

 http_main.c Line 5036) ap_destroy_pool(pconf);
 (the last row of worker_main() procedure);

 This does not seem to hurt since under Win32 the pool is created at the
 beginning of the process (when it is spawned) via malloc() in function
 malloc_block() in file alloc.c.

 http_main.c Line 5484) clean_parent_exit(0);
 (the last row of apache_main() / REALMAIN() procedure);

 This seems to work since when apache_main() returns, it just return back to
 the Operating System.