>Number:         2494
>Category:       mod_cgi
>Synopsis:       Error re-loading 16 bit CGI after loading an HTML page
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       critical
I made a lot of CGI with CLipper 5.2, running in a 16 bit enviroment. They
works fine in apache 1.3 beta 6. In the last 1.3.0, they work the first time,
but i found a problem:
a) i run a CGI (it work);
b) i load a normal HTML page (it work);
c) i reload the same cgi at point a): i receive this error: "Internal Server
Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to
complete your request.
"

The error_log file report: "[Wed Jun 24 19:20:02 1998] [error] (2)No such file
or directory: couldn't spawn child process:
c:/internet/apache/cgi-bin/lan_usa.exe"

This error happen ONLY with 16 bit CGI: 32 bit cgi works fine. BTW, i MUST use
my old 16 bit CGI on my server... and i want use Apache!

The same CGI works fine on all NT web server, except IIS (bleah!).

Thanks in advance (and scuse me for my poor english): your server is simply
FANTASTIC! :-)))
>How-To-Repeat:
If needed, i can send source code and an executable file of a 16 bit CGI.
>Fix:
No.
>Audit-Trail:
>Unformatted:
[you need to include <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> in the Cc line ]