The following reply was made to PR os-solaris/1190; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Marc Slemko <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Cc:  Subject: Re: os-solaris/1190: server processes in keepalive state do not
 die after keepalive-timeout (fwd)
Date: Sun, 19 Jul 1998 10:35:50 -0700 (PDT)

 ---------- Forwarded message ----------
 Date: Sun, 19 Jul 1998 14:41:31 +0400 (MSD)
 From: Eugene Crosser <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
 Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
 Subject: Re: os-solaris/1190: server processes in keepalive state do not die
     after keepalive-timeout

 > This Apache problem report has not been updated recently.
 > Please reply to this message if you have any additional
 > information about this issue, or if you have answers to
 > any questions that have been posed to you.  If there are
 > no outstanding questions, please consider this a request
 > to try to reproduce the problem with the latest software
 > release, if one has been made since last contact.  If we
 > don't hear from you, this report will be closed.

 The problem did *not* disappear automagically.  I sent all
 the information that I thought is relevant, and followed
 all advice that I got from the apache team.  So far, it did
 not help.  If I can do further investigation, please advice.

 So far, the situation is as follows: apache 1.1.x works when
 keepalive is used, apache 1.2.x and 1.3.0 *releases* do not
 work for me with keepalive.  Although 1.3 betas 3 to 5 do
 work.  Currently, I have to run 1.3.0 with keepalive disabled.

 Eugene