The following reply was made to PR mod_proxy/3327; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: brian moore <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Cc:  Subject: Re: mod_proxy/3327: alarm() problems in mod_proxy (see pr#374)
Date: Mon, 2 Nov 1998 14:51:18 -0800

 On Sun, Nov 01, 1998 at 09:40:00PM -0000, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
 > Thank you very much for your problem report.
 > It has the internal identification `mod_proxy/3327'.
 > The individual assigned to look at your
 > report is: apache.
 >
 > >Category:       mod_proxy
 > >Responsible:    apache
 > >Synopsis:       alarm() problems in mod_proxy (see pr#374)
 > >Arrival-Date:   Sun Nov  1 13:40:00 PST 1998

 hrrmph... now I can't repeat it.

 I did see some missing resets of the ap_hard_timeout, which may be the
 problem.  I've attached a patch file to proxy_ftp.c that puts them in,
 but I don't think that's the problem.

 It's acting much like pr#374 did, though certainly less often.  (Was
 enough that on the first of the month auto-rotation/analog run 4 daemons
 survived a USR1 and needed to be forcefully killed: at least one had
 been hung for a week.)

 Maybe downgrade to 'condition: weird' until I can force a failure.

 --
 Brian Moore                       | "The Zen nature of a spammer resembles
       Sysadmin, C/Perl Hacker     |  a cockroach, except that the cockroach