>Number:         5390
>Category:       mod_jserv
>Synopsis:       Memory-Leak in logging-Function
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       critical
There is a memory-leak in the logging function that takes up memory each
time message logging is called with a level that is lower than the configured
logging level (so the message is not logged in mod_jserv.log). When I setup
DEBUG-Level, all messages are logged, and no memory leaks.

Where is it: src/c/jserv_utils.c function jserv_error_var()
There p=ap_make_sub_pool(NULL); is called, and after that when the level is
not high enough the function just returns without freeing the Memorypool with
ap_destroy_pool(p); When the message is actually logged, all is okay,
ap_destroy_pool(p); is called then.

I found this, because gjpv12_open is very frequently called and trys to log
a DEBUG message (I compiled with JSERV_DEBUG). Is this right ? When I set
loglevel notice I got a 51 Megabyte httpd after one night ...
>How-To-Repeat:

>Fix:
See above .. just free the pool before return ...
>Audit-Trail:
>Unformatted:
[to include <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> in the Cc line and make sure the]