The following reply was made to PR mod_jserv/5504; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Si Ly <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: jon * <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: mod_jserv/5504: I think setting of domains in cookies should be an
optional item in zone.properties.
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 1999 15:20:35 -0800

 On Thu, Dec 23, 1999 at 11:34:57AM -0800, jon * wrote:
 > on 12/23/99 4:37 AM, Si Ly <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
 >
 > > For
 > > example, http://www.foo.com/ and https://secure.foo.com/ both hit the
 > > same Servlet Zone and want to use the same sessions, but can't.
 >
 > Why not just make it https://www.foo.com?

 For now, I'm just stuck with a certificate signed for secure.foo.com.

 But consider this...  If I have a pool of Apache servers load balancing,
 some of the servers may be special.  For example, some may be more
 powerful and run extra services, such as a chat server.  In which
 case, I'd like to point browsers to http://chat.foo.com/, but the main
 application logic and session management should still be shareable
 (and live in the same Servlet Zone).

 It would also be possible that secure.foo.com is a dedicated machine,
 and SSL wouldn't be available on www.foo.com (which could be a pool
 of servers).

 -- Si