Hi,

I did something similar to this for the chat I created on my phpBB
forum. Basically, there are two thing you want to achieve: Log history
and transmis to only one client instead of transmitting to everybody
in the channel, am I right?

For the chat history, I suggest that you use MySQL. I don't think Ape
support this out of the box. You could keep all the messages in a
server side variable, but you'll lose everything once you restart Ape
and it's not that usefull that Ape knows everything. When the page is
loaded, you get the data from MySQL and voila. If you have MySQL
support working within Ape, it's a piece of cake to add in a custom
server side command. If you don't have MySQL support like me, you can
send the data to MySQL with a background AJAX request.

For the one-to-one chat, you can send a custom raw to a specific user
from a custom server side command. Have a look at those two pages:
http://www.ape-project.org/docs/server/users/getuserbypubid.html
http://www.ape-project.org/docs/server/users/user.pipe.html

  - Louis