Hi,

My understanding is that messages sent to channels are zero-copied, so it
is not a problem to send to someone who does not need to receive.

For your case, I would advise to only add a few lines of code on the client
side, so that you don't deal with the same message twice (an id for each
message may be necessary though to keep track of the messages, which means
a little bit of code on the server side actually)

Hope this helps.