Hello,

I’ve got a problem with loading the APE Client when I get my HTML page
from a different server then the one I use for the JSF. My
configuration is as follows:
On linux machine (in domain domain1.com):
APE server running on port 6969
Apache server running on port 80, hosting the APE_JSF.
On windows machine (domain = xx.domain2.com):
HTML page referencing the javascript files of the JSF (Javascript
framework).

If using these settings:
In APE_JSF/Demos/config.js APE.Config.domain = ‘domain1.com’
For APE server in ape.conf domain = domain1.com
I get the error message “Illegal document.domain value” code: “1009”,
in line ‘if (config.domain != 'auto') document.domain =
config.domain;’ in in file APE_JSF/Demos/JavaScript.js.

If I use these settings:
In APE_JSF/Demos/config.js APE.Config.domain = ‘auto’
For APE server in ape.conf domain = domain1.com
I get the error message “Permission denied to access property ‘APE’.
It occurs in line ‘var initFn = function() {
iframe.contentWindow.APE.init(config);’ in file APE_JSF/Demos/
JavaScript.js.

What is wrong? If I get the HTML page from the Apache webserver on the
linux machine, everything works fine.
I hope someone can help me with this one.

Thanks in advance.

Martijn